For next generation silicon solar cells where the SiNx layer has been opened by laser ablation the Meco Direct Plating Line (DPL) can plate a dense layer of Ni-Ag, Ni-Cu-Ag or Ni-Cu-Sn onto high-ohmic emitters. This results in an efficiency increase up to 1% (abs.) and a tremendous cost reduction (US$/Wp) as no Ag paste is needed anymore for the frontside metallization.
- Vertical product handling
- Low drag-out of plating chemicals
- Compact machine design/easy to maintain
- Inline plating process/high up time
- Efficiency improvement : up to 1 % (abs.) with direct metallization
- Bill of Materials (BoM) up to 0.05 US$/Wp lower as no more Ag is needed for frontside metallization
- Proven machine concept (> 350 machines in semiconductor industry)
- Process start-up by Meco
- Cell size: 5 x 5", 6 x 6"
- Metal options: Ni-Ag, Ni-Cu-Ag or Ni-Cu-Sn
- Seed layer: Silicon emitter (< 120 Ohm/square)
- Process speed : 1,500 - 3,000 UPH (pilot line : 100 - 500 UPH)
- Production capacity: 50 - 100 MW
- Cell efficiency increase: Up to 1% (abs.)
- Savings in Ag paste: 100%