The Meco Panel Plating Line (PPL) electroplates a sub-micron layer of Copper, Indium and Gallium onto a glass substrate to form the absorber layers of a CIGS thin film solar cell. Electrochemical deposition offers manifold advantages compared to vacuum deposition techniques: a nearly 100% efficient utilization of Cu, In and Ga metals, no vacuum conditions required, a smaller footprint and lower facility requirements! To further develop high efficiency CIGS solar cells by electrochemical deposition of Cu, In and Ga Meco is working together with the Solliance Initiative.
- Substrate: Glass Panel
- Seed layer: Mo/Cu
- Substrate size: 600 x 1,200 mm
- Substrate thickness: 2.8 to 3.5 mm
- Metal options: Cu, In and Ga
- Production capacity: 20 - 25 MW
- Unique patented contact/transport system